Saturday 19 September 2009

目黒にいます!楽しいだよ!

Ok, so, better get on with this, I could be here a while ^_^

First view of Japan ( if you look real close, you see Fuji) : Photobucket

Arrived on Thursday morning, 9:15am local time, 1:15am for those of you in the land of Scot. After a traumatic time in customs, in which I headed in entirely the wrong direction, and thought I was going to be trapped in the luggage hall forever, when it turned out the customs desks were behind me the entire time, I found my way to the front of the terminal, and was met by the lovely Naoko, a fellow 3rd year student at Sophia, who had kindly agreed to come meet me at Narita, so that I wouldn't flake out entirely and end up at the wrong side of Tokyo, or indeed not in Tokyo at all.

First encounter with the population was on the train, where I managed not only to buy the wrong ticket, but apparently upset an elderly woman sitting nearby with my rather clumsy, sleepy japanese-english conversation.

Finally, we made it to where I will be staying; Meguro-ku, which you can find here on google maps: http://maps.google.co.jp/maps?hl=ja&tab=wl I live where the A points.

And this is the house I live in (taken at a clumsy angle, cos I didn't want to end up in the neighbour's garden) : Photobucket

first day none of you will be interested in; I slept most of it! ^_^ though Papa and I did go for a walk round Himonya (the little bit of Meguro we stay in), and got some awesome tempura for dinner ^_^ :

Photobucket

Photobucket

oh, and this little guy is the marker I need to watch out for to make sure I get the right block ^_^; onigiri-kun! : Photobucket

and the awesome manga shop two blocks away, I can buy books for less than £1! :Photobucket

yesterday I went for a bit of a wander, went to Daiei, which is this massive department store/supermarket, it is massive. Connor gets ten cool points for giving me the heads up about this, but minus twenty for not telling me it tastes like bubblegum; even regular Coke is better than that! : Photobucket
for those of you who don't read japanese, it's grape fanta ^_^

today I ventured to Shibuya with Papa and Tomo, who were very kind and took me to the store I needed to get the right adaptor to be able to plug my laptop in, and the cable for charging my ipod which i forgot to pack. and man was it busy!! and that was at a quiet time of day! : Photobucket

thing is, I have to go through there in the morning to get to university, and then back again in the evening, so goodness knows what it'll be like then!!

Also went for a wander round one of the music stores, and found a rather amusing graffitied Dave Grohl; the cheeks are my favourite bit : Photobucket

although somethings never change; attached to the music store was this: Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment